Be honest: Do u or someone you know treat boys diff than girls?

EXAMPLE : Do U make girls do things that you don't make your son do, or let your son have things you would never let you daughter have

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes. i was raised to where the girls did all the house work & the boys did all the yard work. that seems to be the way we do things too.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 5:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I try not to. I only have a girl and she has lots of "boy" toys - she has over 10 different balls, over 20 cars, blocks, legos, etc. And she has "girl" toys - pots and pans, a tea set, a doll.

Would I let a son play with dolls and a tea set? I hope so. But since I haven't had one, I honestly don't know if I would subtly try to sway him towards the balls. I don't try to sway my daughter one way or the other - her favorite toys are cars and balls. She's also learning to ice skate... she doesn't want to figure skate though. She keeps telling me she wants to play hockey.

Do I see other parents do this? Yes. I've seen a mom bring two kids to a baby shower - a 4 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. The boy was in jeans, the girl in a pretty dress. The boy was allowed to run around and play. Every time the girl tried to follow, her mom yanked her down and told her to sit still. Sad.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I only have boys, but yep, I think there are boy thing and girl things. They are just wired differently. My neices are so sensitive so I make sure I am extra careful to phrase things so their feeling do not get hurt, with my boys I say- clean up the playroom-it looks like farm animals were in here!
    Also, I never compliment my boys on their hair, but always make it a point to tell the neighbor girl her hair looks good when it does.
    So yes, I do treat them differently but I make sure the level of expectation is the same!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• nope... i treat my neice the same i treat my boys, and if i have a daughter she wont get special treatment..

there are differances in the sexes but that dosent mean if one child is being bad they get a different treatment ebcuase of their sex... it also dosent mean a girl can get away with bullying a boy just becuause shes a girl
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 6:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I know lots of people who do. It pisses me off. My little girl cousin can be playing with a toy on her own then her brother comes up and takes it from her. They fight. Their mom makes the girl give it up cause it's a "boy toy". They get mad at the boy for playing with bracelets and head bands. I let my DD have and play w/ boy stuff all the time. If I had a son, it'd be no different. People put to much stress on gender when it really doesn't matter.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 6:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2009