31 weeks pregnant

i am 31 weeks pregnant and wondering what kind of movement o should be feeling some days she moves like crazy no matter what im doing and then there are days where she scares me and doesnt move very much at all just wondering what it was like for you at this time?
oh yeah its a girl if it makes any difference

gizmom529

Asked by gizmom529 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I went through the same thing. Its all normal. Some days she is going to be really active and other days she'll be lazy. Just like a real person! Haha. At this point you should be feeling about 10 movements within an hour...and absolutely at least 10 within 2 hours. If not you need to call your doc, but as long as she's moving you are good!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Thats not exactly true Ash- between 27-32 weeks a doctor will tell you six small movements in 2 hours, after 32 weeks babies have there awake and sleepy times, usually you will feel MOST movement during the night.
    I'm 34 weeks today, and my doctor just told me yesterday, that his room is SO cramped that she will be THRILLED if he has Four movements all day, from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed- and 6 movements in 2 hours of relaxation time right before I go to bed.
    can't even tell you how many times I ran to the ER,or my doctor on days he wasnt moving, and he was FINE, some babies are just more relaxed a laied back than others.
    Those behaviors are usually learned between 27 weeks and 36 weeks. Those are the weeks when your gonna be able to tell how active your little one is gonna be AFTER birth.
    Don't stress, baby is fine, and PLEASE disregard the PP, as her answer is not compleatly true.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 6:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• you have "down times" where you want to rest right? why would she too? I'm 38 weeks and there have been whole days where I haven't felt any movement at all and days where no matter what I do DD won't sit still. its normal. but if you truely get concerned call your ob.
    Anonymous