Do you ever tell yours kids no over something stupid then feel bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Of course. Saying "NO" can be a reflex. It doesn't mean there is always a reason or even a good reason to say it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I have done it many times and if my "no" was a reaction to being annoyed, I do feel bad, and depending on how grouchy I was I will even appologize.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I often jump quickly to no with my 5 and 6 year old LOL. Sometimes right after I say it, I think to myself............ Well why not? HAHAHA. Depending on how they react to my no, I will change my mind a few minutes later......... Not on everything of course, but on the things that dont really matter. LOL
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• When I'm tired or in a bad mood. I have often retracted the "No" too.
    Anonymous

• All the time.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 7:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I do it a lot, especially with my stepdaughter and especially when I'm just in a grouchy mood.
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• No because I don't say "no" without a reason. I explain that reason (even to the toddler) and once I've made my decision I am not about to feel guilty about it.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I do the same thing and then I remind myself why and sometimes explain why to my children....
    Fancy1977

Answer by Fancy1977 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I think before I say no. I don't want her to think a tantrum gets her her way. I said no once because I misunderstood the question. I didn't change my no.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• when I have I have told them that I have reconsidered and changed my mine. It's ok to do that

Answer by admckenzie at 10:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2009