Obama's Health Bill will include home vaccine "interventions"

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2294225/posts

What do you think? Should parents who do not want to vaccinate be subjected to government officials showing up on their doorsteps with shots?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• HERE'S THE BILL!!

About halfway down "Draft of the Bill" in the following article is a link (PDF file). The full text about the Immunizations is on pages 396-397.

"(D) carrying out immunization-promoting strategies for participants or clients of public programs, including assessments of immunization status, referrals to health care providers, education, provision of on-site immunizations, or incentives for immunization;

‘‘(E) providing for home visits that promote immunization through education, assessments of need, referrals, provision of immunizations, or other services;

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=51115&print=on

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• What do I think? I think that if government officials show up at some doors they will be subjected to 'shots' as well. NOBODY touches my kids!! NObody.

Anonymous

• I think its bad idea.People should have the right to not vaccinate.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I think there is too much liability. That's why you have to sign at the Dr.'s office when your child gets a vaccination.
    Anonymous

• I think it's just the first step....or is it the 4th or 5th. Wake up folks (libs) we are being SHOVED right into socialism and the CURRENT administration thinks they have a mandate to do it and all the time in the world to accomplish it.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Americans voted for this. There should be no bitching about if from ANYONE that voted for ones in Office now. But those of us that didn't vote for the idiots are screwed right along with them. Sucks don't it?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 6:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I don't do freeper but if there is a legitimate source on this (say an excerpt from the bill) I'll be happy to be outraged about it. Won't be at all surprised.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• This does NOT surprise me at all. . .

I just gave birth a couple days ago, and the day after the nurse walks in, drops a vaccine paper in my lap, and says, ok, this is the dtap vaccine your doctor ordered, and we are going to do the mmr tomorrow.

I said that the baby was too young for that. . . .and she said, oh, they are not for the baby, and reached for my arm. They had run my routine bloodwork for immunity.

She left my room with her shot unused and didn't come back.

Mmr? It's a live virus, I'm breastfeeding, and have an unimmunized child at home. (We delay.) When I asked the pediatrician if it was safe, he said he THOUGHT so.

I'll get my boosters when I'm not nursing any more, thankyou.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Thank you for this link ! ...

Does any of us imagine that the politicians who vote in favor of this bill will have ANY idea of the new restrictions and requirements it will inflict on citizens?

And as to liability, I agree that there is a high risk with giving a vaccine, and that's why doctors need parents to sign a paper saying they're ok with whatever bad effects the vaccines cause. (I have a hard time even typing the previous sentence - I didn't vaccinate our kids).

Here's the kicker: the Gov't is not liable the way a private doctor would be. Especially nowadays, the Gov't IS the law, and gets away with violating the law - even the most basic Constitutional laws - every week. ... If a non-Gov't person or company did anything APPROACHING what was done with stimulus money, or with dictating to AIG, or with strong-arming Chrysler & GM, they would be arrested!

But Gov't guys are above the law. Good luck suing them
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I cannot rest content that the people writing this bill, or the people voting on this bill, or ESPECIALLY the White House team put a high priority on my health.

Remember that one pillar of leftist philosophy is that over-population needs to be "addressed" - abortion is one avenue,
    restricted health care which encourages the elderly to die rather than get treatments is another. US birth mortality rate (mothers & newborns) in our hospitals is highest among civilized countries. ( Home births & midwife-assisted births have a mortality rate in line with the best nations. ) Yet the Gov't is not doing any of the numerous recommendations to lower this hospital birth mortality rate.

Why should I fool myself that they'd care about dangers from vaccinations?
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2009