So PETA's not crazy huh?

How can you look at this and not think these people are extremist and or nut cases? http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=188117

They do have good intentions but like all extremest groups they go to far. This article is about the protest they held outside of the American Veterinary Conference in Seattle this past week. My boss and some of my co-workers got to see it first hand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nutty for real.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• P.RETTY
    E.FFIN
    T.ASTY
    A.NIMALS.
    lol.
    I LOVE eating meat, and will NEVER protest agaist My right to a well cooked raw juicey stake, but I have watced PETA videos, and they make me sick, and WANT to be strong enough to eat less, or not meat.
    Watch Pam Andersons PETAs video on KFC, I'll NEVER eat KFC again....
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 6:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I don't find what they did crazy. They're making a point without hurting anyone. Just making you think.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 7:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Meat's Meat and a mans gotta eat!
    Anonymous

• Man doesn't have to eat meat.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 7:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• PETA isn't actually as sweet and nice as they are cracked up to be. Do some digging on the net. PETA has large amounts of dead animals in a walk in freezer. And I'm sure they have other skeletons in their closet too.
    Anonymous

• ::OP:: I never said it was hurting anyone, just nuts. There tactics do not make anyone think they make people think that they are crazy people. as I said they most likely started out with good intentions but now I think it has become more about the publicity and having there min of fame. If they really want to help animals then they should skip the crazy tactics and spend more time writing letters to congress, forming petitions, and for pete's sake pick there battles. There are much bigger problems with the way animal are treated then a fish market...How about mass Euthanasia's at shelters, People abandoning there animals in foreclosed on homes or just the fact that in most states animal cruelty id only a misdemeanor.
    Anonymous

• Those people are crazy! Man has been eating meat since the dawn of time! Meat is healthy and yummy, just had a delish steak last night, matter of fact!!! Eat that PETA!! actually they wouldn't, lol!!!
    navyma23

Answer by navyma23 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• A bunch of hypocrites, is what they are.

They support BSL (Breed Specific Legislation). Doesn't sound very Ethical too all those poor Pit Bulls out there.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Like many groups with good intentions, they go to far, and make NO effort to separate themselves from the people who do insane things. I am very much into animal activism, but I grew out of my PETA 'stage' when I was a teenager. I refuse to support a group that has euthanised animals solely for the purpose of avoiding their being pets or companion animals.

I like some of what they do, I like some of their ads. But I generally do not support THEM. If I had the money, I'd donate to smaller organizations that don't have a tendency to use such absurd tactics, and the ASPCA, but I'd NEVER donate to PETA.

While I have been both a vegan and vegetarian, and prefer not to eat meat, there are far more pressing issues to deal with. They need to focus on eradicating cruelty at 'meat farms', because they are NOT going to eradicate meat eating itself. And going after the POTUS for slapping a fly is just nuts.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 1:48 AM on Jul. 17, 2009