How much money will you spend on back to school clothes for your kid(s) ?

My daughter is starting kindergarten, and I've always bought cheaper clothes, meaning quality and in price because she was young and got everything filthy and worn it out quickly, but now that she will be at school all day I was planning on spending more on better clothes, wondering how much other mommas spend on back to school clothes.. this is all very new to me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in

• I usually spend between $200.00-$250.00 at the beginning of the school year for my son.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I usually spend 100 to 150 per kid. Old navy usually does a $7.00 jean right before school start.
    ty9te7is5

Answer by ty9te7is5 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I never had money to spend. When my oldest was in public school she wore her regular clothes to school. I spent about $50 picking up some new jeans and a few new shirts and maybe a couple new nice outfits at the beginning of the school year but that was all we could afford. I had 2 (and then 3) other kids to buy for, too. They weren't in school but growing a lot faster then her and needing new clothes all the time.
    Now they go to Catholic school and wear uniforms. The girls are set for the year but I have to replace my son's uniforms since he outgrew them. It will cost about $100 for just 3 pair of pants and then another $40 for shirts.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I spend about $500 on my 2. That includes shoes, sneakers, jackets/sweaters, and backpacks.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 12:51 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I like to sell my gently used clothes and use the cash to purchase back to school clothes. Start listing your stuff now though in order to be ready for back to school.
    www.craigslist.com
    www.consignmentcrossroads.com
    www.momyauctions.com
    are for great for buying and selling clothes
    cafemommy123

Answer by cafemommy123 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Oh wow, ummm, I have no clue. I am going to say probably $300-400 per kid. Maybe less on the younger ones and more for the older ones.
    dawnjohnson5

Answer by dawnjohnson5 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• about $300 - $400 per kid
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 11:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• to start, between 1000.00 and 1500.00 per child. We have three children, so between 3000.00 and 4500.00 to start them out. Come the winter months we go again and refresh and add warmer items.
    YuppyMom

Answer by YuppyMom at 12:42 AM on Jul. 29, 2009