For those of you who sell/know a seller on Etsy: Has it been a good experience?

I am considering constructing my handbag designs and setting up an Etsy shop. I would first like to know if it will be worth the time though.

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I just sell used clothes on ebay and I usually sell everything I list. You have to pay fees that cut into your profit, but you have many more potential customers on ebay than you would on craigslist. Before you start you could check out similair products that you will be selling and you can look at "completed listings" that would give you a better idea.
    Good luck:)
    Anonymous

• I haven't SOLD on Etsy but I LOVE to buy things on there, and I know a lot of others who really love shopping there to. I've bought so many different things, and I think more great handbags would be great! If I had a cool artsy talent I would do it...
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 2:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I think you misread the question, anon. I am asking about ETSY, not EBAY. Thank you though.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I love etsy. I have sold and purchased on it. It is a great place to find creative and meaningful gifts for people and if you are crafty, I great way to get your stuff out there! I personally feel the site looks nicer than other seller's sites and it is very inexpensive. You pay $0.20 listing fee for each single item that will stay listed for 4 months and then once your item is sold it is a mere 3.5% fee on the sell price(before shipping and handling)! I used it to supplement my family's income for a while but have been unable to keep up with my craftyness on a regular bases so I put it on hold! Good luck!

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 9:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2009