Cars Are No Place for Kids to Be Alone

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20090716/hl_hsn/carsarenoplaceforkidstobealone

After stories in the news of kids and babies dying in cars every summer why does it still happen? Haven't we learned anything from all those young lives so tragically cut short? I don't know how you can forget about a child or baby.

miriamz

Asked by miriamz at 7:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes Yoshi...on this issue I WILL admit to being perfect. There is no where i have to be, NOTHING I have to do, and no one more important than my children. ANYONE that leaves their children in the car and they die should be convicted of manslaughter. Yet, they are often termed "accidents", for getting your child is in the car is NOT an accident, at its least its Child neglect and abuse and some jail time should be served!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I agree completely.
    I saw an article a while back that gave some of the stupidest advice ever. It said "leave something important by your baby so you won't forget to take your baby with you. For example put your cell phone or laptop next to the car seat".
    Leave something important by baby?? As if the baby is not important enough??? For some reason (maybe I am crazy) I don't think leaving your laptop by your baby is going to prevent leaving the baby in the car.
    aprilmommy123

Answer by aprilmommy123 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• seriously, maybe im a total idiot, but i definitely think the baby is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING you would be remembering to take out of your car!!! my biggest fear was forgetting to put him in the car when i became a new mom, but i was a mom, so it was total instinct to remember my child, then, now, and always!!! this whole thing baffles me!
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Death of Common Sense...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• It's funny....even hen out alone I look into the backseat to see if one of the kids might be back there even though I left alone, and it has been quiet. I just always look. I thought it was normal and everyone did it!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• t's funny....even hen out alone I look into the backseat to see if one of the kids might be back there even though I left alone, and it has been quiet. I just always look. I thought it was normal and everyone did it!

When I'm out without my kids I get this panicky feeling and start looking for them until I realize that I'm not supposed to have them. You aren't the only one.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 8:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Wow. Again, some of you are sooo perfect.
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 8:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'm the first to admit that I'm far from perfect but forgetting my babies and children is just not something I can fathom.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 8:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

Not killing your kids is important. Some people understand that.
    Anonymous

• I don't understand why children are left alone in the car to begin with. There must be something wrong with their mothers. Maybe like 50 years ago, you could go into the store and leave your kids in the car, not today. So why are children in the car alone to begin with?!?!
    NickysMomma888

Answer by NickysMomma888 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2009