Can I get a tatoo even if I breast feed?

Ok.....I have wanted a tat my whole life and now that I know what I want
Im to excited about getting it! The only thing is, I breast feed & my baby doesnt take a bottle of any sort not even with breast milk in it. I was wondering if it was dangerous to get one while I breast feed. I mean its no big deal I can totaly wait to get it, I'll only be breast feeding for 5 more months....Im breast feeding her for a year. Any advice would be great! Thanks & God Bless!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well, I will tell you that you don't have a high risk of getting any transmittable dieses from tattoos now a days, with that said, I wouldn't risk it, because you can get AIDS, HIV and a hundred other infectious diseases from Tattoos, I would just wait until she is totally weened to get your art done, GOOD LUCK!

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 8:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• nope its not safe anything you put in your body will go straight to the baby...alcohol tattoos etc. dont do it
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• well not tattoos but the ink....i think you know what i mean though
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 8:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• If you do to a REPUTABLE tattoo shop that uses 1 use needles and sterilizes their equipment you wont get freaking AIDS.
    Sheesh.
    ""The ink that is used in tattoos in the United States is subject to FDA regulation as cosmetics, but none are approved for injection under the skin. However, the ink molecules are too large to pass into breastmilk [...] Most tattooists will not knowingly tattoo a pregnant or breastfeeding mother. It is SUGGESTED that mothers WAIT at least until the child's first birthday to give their bodies a chance to RECOVER completely from childbirth before getting a tattoo.""
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• You wont get AIDS or Hep C if you go to a reputable tattoo shop. But I would wait til youre done breastfeeding. I am 33 weeks pregnant right now and cannot wait to be able to get another tattoo, but I am going to wait til I have weaned my son.
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 8:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I agree with Cherrie522. Tattoo shops use a new packaged needle with each customer. They are also required to open it in front of you.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I would not risk it
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 8:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• If you go to a clean place then YES YOU CAN get a tat while nursing. It does not go into your blood stream or any of that. Enjoy your new tattoo!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Tattoo ink is not passable through BM. The particles are too big. As long as you go to a reputable place your fine. I'm thinking about getting one soon and I'm still nursing my 2.5 year old.

www.kellymom.com
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I did. Two, actually...
    Anonymous