Overstressed & Trying to Conceive?

All the women in my family had children prior to their mid 20's before their 30's. I am 32 and have waited this long to get my career & education and life on track. the Dr. say's there is nothing wrong but I can't help but feel like I am a failure. I am part of this forum because I am a step mom to 3 and a GRANDMOTHER but I don't have any of my own... why do I feel like this is all wrong?

SlvrOracle

Asked by SlvrOracle at 8:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• have you thought of counseling? I think that would be a good idea... whether or not you get pregnant. Also, there are many women out there who had their first baby in their mid 30's. Also, something that would help is to focus on what you are thankful for, actually I think everyone should do this. I'm sure there are many blessing that you have... some may even be hidden. But also, beware that having a baby does not bring on happiness. YES, babies are BLESSINGS, but you should not expect them to be a fulfillment or expect them to be your source of happiness. That is very harmful for you and for your babies, and even yuor husband. I hope this helps and I hope you start relaxing :) I hope the best for you and your family :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I know how you feel i tried for the longest time to get pregnant. But i think that if you try too hard it wont happen. Just relax & take it easy, try not to stress over it. I stressed for the longest time & just when i gave up.. I got pregnant! God will bless you with a baby when he feels you are ready and although you have step children, god may have other plans for you then what you have planned for yourself. Just pray about it.
    MommyTarver09

Answer by MommyTarver09 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• the best advice i have for you is to stop stressing about getting pregnant and enjoy the practicing of making a baby and before you know it you'll be pregnant
    Anonymous

• I was over 30 when we started trying and for two years we still hadn't gotten pregnant. We'd been married for 8 years and were really ready to start our family! We were both done with school and we moved to a community where I could afford to be a stay at home mom.

I started tracking my basal body temp and charting my ovulation. If you Google it, there are tons of helpful websites. Once I started tracking, I got pregnant after 2 months. I was 33 when I had my 1st daughter. We figured we'd better start trying for #2 right away...just in case it took awhile. Nope! I got pregnant again right away! My daughters are 16 months apart.
    Now I'm 35 and thinking about TTC #3!

Most of the Moms in my playdate groups are late 20's or early to mid 30s. There are even Moms who are over 40. It is not unusual --- and you are not a failure!
    Good luck to you, TTC -- and maybe I'll see you in a Due Date group soon!
    :0)
    MarigoldsMama

Answer by MarigoldsMama at 8:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2009