This has not been a good day for us.......

This momrning our little yorkie girl(3 years old) passed away at the vets.She was only there to have her teeth cleaned.Do you think this may be the curse of the dog being a very small example of the breed.We have lost 2 others(for different reasons) at a young age and they were also small for the breed.I just don't know what to think.Our other dogs are fine however they are all over 5 pounds and 2 of them are 12 1/2 years old.What do you think?????????

Tikismom

Asked by Tikismom at 8:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pets

• I am not sure what may have caused it, but I am terribly sorry for the loss of your beloved pet.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 8:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I lived with some people that smoked in the house and their pets kept dying. Do you all smoke? Or maybe its their diet. Do you give your pets the love and activity they need? RIP puppy.
    Hollytree

Answer by Hollytree at 8:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I am so sorry.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Oh, Mary.....I am sooooooo sorry :( :( :( Which baby was she???? You have my heartfelt sympathy! Could she have had an allergic reaction to the anesthesia???
    Anndie

Answer by Anndie at 9:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I've had a few friends with this same problem. Because they are soo small, there hearts are the same, and the stress of a vet visit/cleaning will sometimes just overwhelm them....
    kammnm

Answer by kammnm at 10:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• So sorry for your loss. I don't think it was anything anybody did wrong, just one of those terrible things that happens sometimes. Don't beat yourself up over it, your baby is happily waiting on the other side of the rainbow bridge.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:26 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i lost our shih puppy just a couple wks ago to an accident and let me tell you i know the pain your in. small breeds just don't handle things as well. they are more delicate. of all the dogs she was the only one who passed. the other dogs are big dogs
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Oh sweetie I am so sorry I would talk to your vet and do a little research on this but little breed dogs are more fragile but this sounds a little weird CHECK IT IUT!!! R I P Lil Yorkie Girl

im sorry

Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2009