should i tell him

ok so i put on my facebook that i was looking for a lunch date. ok fine! this guy who my husband knows emails me and says i dont think ur husband would like that. i say like what. he says you going on lunch dates. i say no he doesnt mind he has nothing to worry about. then he writes ok thats what i like to hear. now if i had wrote anything that suggested a possible chance with me i think he would be all for it but i would never do that. ok back to the question-should i tell my husband about this????? this was yesterday and already he will ask why i didnt say anything then but i dont like to have my husband involved in dumb things when i handled it from the beginning. i like to be open with my hubby about everything though so i feel like im not telling him something. the one time a guy he knew said something to me it just turned into a prob so i dont want it to go there. help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Just curious...why are you asking for a lunch date?
    Anonymous

• huh?
    Anonymous

• And to add to that another guy had tried to talk to me. This guy I did not know but knew his sister through a friend. Anyway I told him I was married and went on my way. I saw him a few other times and he gave me those eyes and smiled and may have said hello or something. Then I see him talking to my husband. Again I didnt tell my husband when it happened because as far as i knew he was a stranger and i had turned him down saying i was married but it is now apparent he knows my husband from years ago. He has not tried to talk to me again. I dont know if he even remembers or realizes it was me. My husband seems to be pretty cool with him so I dont want to mention anything and then cause weirdness when he more then likely didnt know who i was in the first place. now if he tried to talk to me now i think its grounds for telling my husband. any opinions pls. i live in the city my hubby is from and more people know me than i know
    Anonymous

• I was on facebook and that was basically for my girlfriends. we refer to our lunches as lunch date and they knew what i was referring to so did my hubby
    Anonymous

• i dunno i have been in similar situations with my husband and i have learned that honesty is the best policy...i mean he may get mad but just think if he found out about it later? he would probably be even more mad and hurt that you didn't tell him
    leelee226

Answer by leelee226 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I just hate that it is people he knows. I mean should I tell my husband each and every time someone(anyone) tries to talk to me. I def. understand if it is someone he knows and they know I am his wife. That is a total line crossed but if its someone and i dont even know he knows or that this person even knows about us then what. I just dont know. It's a weird situation. I just like to talk openly with my husband but I dont want him feeling the need to say something to any of these guys if I handled it.
    Anonymous

• I would just tell him,"Hey the weirdest thing happened......." and go from there. Definitely keep communication open.
    corinnejenkins

Answer by corinnejenkins at 8:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2009