Bedtime blows!

So my 10 month old HATES bedtime. Seriously he just HATES it! Including nap time. He was supposed to take a nap at 2 this afternoon I have been fighting with him to go to sleep since this afternoon and it is now time fro bed and I am pretty much clueless as to how to get sleeping time to go smoother i cant take much more of this taking 2-3 hours to go to bed crap

katiekruschke

Asked by katiekruschke at 8:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you trtied CIO?
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• we tried cio but its EVERY time i go to put him down he just doesnt seem to get it he cried for three hours straight tonight!
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• is it a scared cry?

maybe hes just not tired yet...

is he hungry still? is he teething?
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Maybe he really isnt tired. Try not forcing him to take a nap.
    Anonymous

• my son was the same way!!! We started doing a routine and it worked great. Every night he eats dinner and then plays with me and then plays by himself a little and then we take a bath, brush our teeth and tell the dogs goodnight and he goes to bed no problem. It took a little while to get him used to thats how things were, but it eventually worked. Now when its starting to get around his bedtime I say "are you ready for bed" and he grabs his stuffed animal and starts teling the dogs goodnight!
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 10:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I CAN RELATE! My son is 20 months old and STILL hates to sleep. He's been like this since birth! we started the CIO method at 8 months old and still at 20 months he will bry at bedtime..Somtimes only for 5 minutes but sometimes still up to 45 minutes. I decided this may just be a lifelong battle. My mom raised my and my sister, my niece and used to do foster care and says my son is " one of a kind for sure" lol!!! I just accept it and know it is going to be an issue - it Has gotten easier the older he gets though if that makes you feel better ! My son HAS cried up to 3 hours multiple times.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:32 AM on Jul. 17, 2009