Has anyone ever noticed a difference between Good Start and Enfamil?

My first was on Good Start and she was a colicy baby. Now my son was given Enfamil and he has been doing great! No signs of colic whatsoever, no spitting up, but he just switched to Good Start and I'm afraid that it might change things :( The people at WIC say its the same thing, just a different name.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wic gave my son good start at the beginning and he was spitting up and getting sick all the time, I switched him to enfamil and he was fine. My DD was on enfamil from the beginning and is fine too.

Wic is wrong if u read the back of each of them they are not the same and they are made in 2 diff ways. infamil goes through a freeze dry stage,,,, Wic just doent want to give enfamil because it cost more
    Anonymous

• each brand is a little different but beggers cant be choosers if wic is buying the formula and teh baby is happy you cant really complain if wic is buying the formula and your baby isnt happy have your doc write a script for something different they will do other formulas with a doctors prescription my son is on an elemental formula that costs $54.58 a can and we need 10 cans a month. Thank god wic buys 9 I dont know what we would do without them
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• They are the same as far as nutrition is concerned.
    But Good Start is usually easier on the tummy. As you've found not every baby reacts the same way. Hopefully yours has outgrown whatever was causing the upset, they usually do at some point.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• both r posion imo
    Anonymous

• With my ODS, we tried everything and Good Start was the only thing that didn't make him a tiny gas bag! LOL!! He was never colicky or anything, but everything else made him spit up constantly and oh boy was he gassy and uncomfortable!!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I've never tasted either.
    Anonymous

• both r posion imo

name ONE baby that has died as a direct result of this "poison"?
    Anonymous

• when i was on wic they were give similac and enfimil to moms but now all they r giveing is good starts i have knowen 3 babies that have had a lot of spit up and gas on good start and wic here doesnt care if u have a dr note they will not switch u to a formula of ur choice if its not on their list
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• If you have a problem, use goat's milk formula. Not joking. Go to the health food store and get the can of powdered goat's milk.
    Boil 24 ounces water and add 2 tablespoons clear karo syrtup to it while it is still hot stirring well(it blends better if you do it while it is hot)
    Then add 2 mL of Poly-vi-sol(available at Wal mart in the multivitamin section for kids).
    Refrigerate until cold or at least room temp then add what the can says of the powdered goat's milk.
    It is hypio allergenic, easier to digest, and makes colic disappear overnight, I am not joking. I swear by goat's milk formula.
    Just remember--it stinks when it is spit up and rinse any spit up clothes immediately or at least soak them in baking soda and vinegar water. Also, the poo will look just like BM poo as goat's milk is about as close as you can get without pumping it straight from your own boob.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 18, 2009