baby/toddler proofing....

Now that my son is walking better and starting to climb on things I need to beef up my baby proofing. I think I have everything covered, but I was wondering if there were things other people found to be a problem that aren't so obvious. What might I have missed?

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 8:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Heaters, Doors (open, shut, open, shut!) u can get things for that, Ovens also things to keep them shut, Trashcan, Drawers, Cupboards, Coffetable corners, ummmm all I can think of for now.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• idk we dont baby proof... we have a baby gate that we but in the kitchen door, and keep the bedroom doors shut... if we are leaving him to go potty or somethign we put him in the exersaucer..

but dont underestemate them! my ds could climb on the couch at 8 months... and he couldnt even walk!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Tie bookshelves to the wall.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I didn't baby proof. The only things I did do were more for my own convenience. I put a gate on the stairs (so I wasn't chasing a kid up and down the stairs all day) and a gate into the kitchen because our kitchen is under construction. We kept the bathroom door closed at all times. I moved a few of my mom's breakables off of tables. She had died and I didn't want her things to be accidentally broken. But otherwise I did nothing else. Four kids later and they all survived.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2009