Are pains in the uterus normal when you are pregnant with your first??

PetiteAndPrego

Asked by PetiteAndPrego at 8:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I guess it would depend how far along you are, its not just common with your first, but with your second, third, and fourth so on and so fourth. I didn't start getting pains in my uterus until I was 33 week or so, it was just baby kicking my cervix.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 9:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I was always told it was very common and normal. I had lots of pains and cramping with my first pregnancy and this child as well. Really when you think about it in that first few weeks of becoming pregnant your uterus grows to more than 3 times it's original size, that sounds kind of painful to me. If you are bleeding that is different. But cramping, well you are growing another human inside of you, your organs are being pushed out of the way of your rapidly expanding uterus, you are bound to get some pains. Don't worry too much, worry can make it worse. I was told to eat some bananas the potassium (I think it was) helps with the pains. It did help me a bit.
    ILoveMyBoos

Answer by ILoveMyBoos at 4:53 AM on Jul. 17, 2009