saying sentences at 12 weeks?

ive read all kinds of post asking about baby's first words and see LOTS of answers that just seem unreal. like one person said she and her dh were in bed with their 12 weeks old baby and the baby clearly said"i love you" im sorry i just dont believe that! and other ppl saying the same type of stuff about their babies saying words or sentences at 3 months or younger! what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is 8 months and he cant say anything but dadda and momma he has been saying that since he was about 6 months old. but my son is delayed by 4 months in everything also but i dont think a 12 week old can say anything all my son was doing at 3 months was babbling
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• i dont know my son said momma at 5 months and daddy at 6 months and says lub (love)you at 12 months
    Anonymous

• I believe that a baby at 3 months old may be able to say a word. Hey, anything's possible. But, I don't even know if they would really know what the word means. My baby was about 8 months old when she said "mama" the first time.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• we hear what we want to hear and for some of us ahwubboo sounds a lot like "I love you!" my son said momma at 4months but only when he needed me (he was very sick) he says mama dada and nana and baba now at 10 months but no sentecnes
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My oldest could say momma and dadda to the right people at 5 months, doctor thought I was nuts but finally heard him at his 6 month appointment. He was saying 3-4 word sentences by 12 months...I want juice peez was the main one he said, and he hasn't shut up since...my other 2 were about 8 months before they did anything but noises
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• i dont know bout sentences...but my son would say "mmoooommm" loud and clearly when he needed me at about 4 months... lol he really did too. everyone is always shocked when we go somewhere and if he doesnt see me, he'll say my name....i have ear witneses so i know im not imagining things LOL
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 10:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My son was 6 months old when he said Dada, but he stopped saying that and abruptly started in on Mommommommom, which he is starting to figure out that its ME! :) I am with you though, I don't believe for ONE second that these babies are saying full sentences so early.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• BS. Even when people say "my baby said dada or mama at 3 months" yeah they might have made that sound but they are NOT associating the sound with a mom or dad. Parents just like to think that which is cool cuz it is cool to hear your baby say mama for the first time but seriously, it doesn't happen.
    Anonymous

• My daughter did talk at 3 months old she could say nan nan I swear on everything I love
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I think parents will "hear" what they think they hear and in my book a word doesn't count as a word until it has meaning. Even if a young baby can mimic sounds... it doesn't count as a word until they know what they are doing.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2009