Has anyone found a legit "Work At Home job" that is not a scam or require you send them money?

I was hoping to be a mystery shopper by day and take some college classes at night. And the 15 that I've looked at so far were scams. Even the ones I have found who are supposed to be BBB accreditted have complaints or law suits against them.

I'm not interested in Childcare...too many problems. I've been to Survey websites, but unless you try their offers for products you don't want or need, you will only make .50 cents for a survey.

karisma56

Asked by karisma56 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• There are alot of great ideas that I have put together in my work at home article series.   They are all listed in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Articles

There is one listed on How to Start your Own Mystery Shopping Service.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I started an at home biz a few months ago and I love being home working with my 2 little boys playing around me. Because it is a biz, there is a small start up fee. I know you said you didn't want any start up fees, but this comp I work with received an award from the BBB for its ethics and integrity. If interested at all, you can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. Hope we can talk soon! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 10:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I am a Senior Consultant with Pure Romance and it's my home biz..My business name is Pure Romance by Andrea. Since it is a business, there is a fee to start which will be your starter kit. You can visit my website www.andreacarter.pureromance.com and take a look at them. If you have any questions and are interested in joining my team, you can call me at 205.246.1202 and I will answer your questions and help you get started. I love this business because I don't have to answer to a boss and work when I want to. I've been doing this for about a year now. I also take online classes with Kaplan University so it allows me time to do assignments and all.
    prbyandreac

Answer by prbyandreac at 11:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• First off... ALL companies have complaints with the BBB. Because there is NO perfection in a corporate world. Sears, Sony, KFC, Kay Jewelers...  All have complaints. That doesn't make them any less legit. What you need to look at are the number of UNanswered complaints. If people are complaining and then the company fixes things, it's no deal, but it's still on the report. But if a company isn't willing to fix anything, then there is trouble.

Check out the list of home jobs on my site. They are all legit jobs, you're safe... 

www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:38 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Legitimate home-based businesses really do exist!  My husband and I first became customers of this particular company because we liked its "green" philosophy and because we liked the safety and quality of the products it offers.  At the time, I was also looking for a legitimate home-based business that wasn't a scheme, that wasn't multilevel marketing, and that wouldn't cost a lot of money to get started.  It just so happened that this company offered a business model that made sense to me.  Now I'm able to work from home with a company I truly believe in.  It's a great feeling to know I'm enhancing not only our family's life but the lives of those I meet along the way.  For more information, call (619) 987-6244 or visit www.cp.makemoreathome.com

thismomluvslife

Answer by thismomluvslife at 3:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• If you want something easy you can do from home, try this site Work at Home Mom

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Karisma, in most cases home based business ask for money to send you a kit. I started my home based business with Soul Purpose for $45.65. That covered my two websites, my paperwork for the business, invitations, SP tote bag for my products and materials. If you are not ask for a start up fee then you should be worried about not making money, In some cases if you will be doing direct sales you will need to buy a kit for your business to demonstrat your products to your customers. I felt like you once until I found Soul Purpose and Youngevity.
    SharisMom

Answer by SharisMom at 9:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• No Investment or Fees required ever.

I’m a stay at home mom of 14 year old twin girls and a 2 year old boy.
    This job is great supplemental income. If you are looking for some extra weekly income take a look at this real work from home. I found it on one of the job boards monster, simply hire, career builder etc…. I’ve searched a long time to find a real work from home job and now I am sharing it with others.

I want to be clear here this is NOT a business opportunity this is a work from home position. It’s easy and fun best of all it keeps me very close here at home with my children. You set your own hours. I work in the Human Resources Department of ASP and I do the interviews and hiring of applicants. When you fill out the online application you will be called for an interview.

http://www.employmentfromhome.net/p319502

linden94

Answer by linden94 at 3:54 AM on Jul. 20, 2009