Have you ever encountered A Fisher Cat/ Marten?

I was at my DD's House! I house. We heard such A Commotion. She thought it was A bunch of noisy Crows! I looked out her window & Yelled OMG. Lannie!! Lannie is A 9 year old Black "Munchin" Breed Small Cat! Assuming the position to Fight/ Defend her pr0perty!! We go out Side becasue of the loud Screcching!! I heat they screech like that before they Kill of After it! My DD yelled & shooe'd it Away.. Meanwhile I was trying to get her other Cats safely inside! They live near the WI. River. So Curious if you ever sw one! They're sure Mean!!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Yes, we encounter them often at our family's lodge in Canada. The screeching is a warning, a defense mechanism to try to scare their foes away. They don't seem scared of human dwellings either, the ones in Canada like to come on the porch and steal food we'd stored out there....then again, maybe the food drew them in.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2009