Does anyone have a problem with their legs itching when they start a workout?

When I start to work out, especially walking, my legs start to itch really bad. I dont know why and it is very irritating. After a while it stops, buy it himders me in the beginning.

What causes this and how do I stop it?

MizzNicole

Asked by MizzNicole at 9:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It's probably caused by the increase in circulation. Same thing happens to me after a massage.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• it happens to 2 of my friends. the Dr told one of them it is an allergic reaction to something... cant remember what! lol but it has to do with the increased blood flow near the top of the skin. ( maybe it releases a chemical closer to the skin..... something like that) anyways, her dr told her to take an antihistamine 30 min before exercising. it worked for her!
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 11:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• THIS HAPPENS TO ME TOO. IT ALWAYS GOES AWAY AFTER I HAVE BEEN EXCERCISING REGULARLY. I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS MY FAT BURNING AWAY.
    Busydede

Answer by Busydede at 2:09 AM on Jul. 17, 2009