Do those slimming/sweat belts help?

A friend of mine suggested i try those belts you wrap around your waist to help sweat more while working out or everday things.

Has anyone tried these and did they help?

MizzNicole

Asked by MizzNicole at 9:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i wear one every day.. it does make you sweat more, and if your not really over weight you can tell it help tighten the skin
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• They do not work. Spanx are a better bang for your buck!
    Blondemom3boys

Answer by Blondemom3boys at 12:34 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• if it psyches you out enough to actually complete the workout every day, then yes, it does work. (but really only as motivation!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My husband got one when he joined the army, he had some weight to loose before he shipped out to boot camp and I personally don't think it did all it claimed. He wore that thing constantly along with saran wrap and preparation H and yes he did take a couple inches off, but I think it was only like 2 in 2 months. Which probably could have easily been attributed to diet also. He kept wanting that stupid thing and lost the first one and then bought another, but really, it did nothing for him. I wouldn't waste my money. When I was younger we used to use saran wrap and prep H on our thighs or tummys and go for a run...same dang thing, much much cheaper. The only thing my DH did say the band was good for, was keeping the saran wrap from rolling in on itself. Which I never had a problem with but we only used it for a workout, he used it literally all day.
    ILoveMyBoos

Answer by ILoveMyBoos at 4:41 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It helps you sweat more, which is really water weight your losing, but hey weight right? I use it when i do my pilates and it really does make you sweat more.
    momofseasons

Answer by momofseasons at 2:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2009