What is your take on 2012?

There is so much hype because the new movie is about to be released, but so many
people are starting groups that are talking about where to go to survive, and there
are so many websites that are very scary! I can't help being anxious and worried!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have watched many shows on the History and Discovery channels that go through what all the prophecies are and who said what... I find them fasinating because I love history.
    HOWEVER, I do not spend my time worrying about it. I know I would stress myself out and also become anxious. I am not sure I will be able to see that movie. I figure, if it happens, it happens. I believe I am a good person, even if I am not religious. I do believe in God. All I can ask for is that if and when that time comes I can be with my family. But I don't have any bad feelings about it and I am most certainly not PLANNING for it. What I am planning for is my girly's first day of school, her boy problems, and growing old with my hubby.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 9:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Don't be. It's all based on the fact that the Myan calendar only went up to 2012. In reality we don't know if we will draw our next breath, but we keep going. So some supposed prophesy about the world ending really is meaningless. Lets see about 10 years ago the world was gonna end in 2000, we survived that.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I have one word to say about 2012 and all the websites dedicated to proving it "true":

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

That's all I have to say about that.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• It will be election year. Hopefully the damage won't be irreversible.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I agree with teamquinn
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:25 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• 2012 will be the year dh and I turn 32, our 6 year anniversary and Bryce will be 9, Noah will be 7 and Abbie will 5
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• People have been trying to predict the end of the world since the beginning of time. What is the big rush for it to end? Our time will be our time when God and only God says it is our time, and not before, so don't sweat the small stuff and just live one day at a time. That is all God gave us anyway. And Who knows we may get a woman in the white next time . Wouldn't that be a Hoot?
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 1:03 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I use to worry like you until I realized one thing- why piss away today worrying about tomorrow? Think about it, the world may end tomorrow, but you have today here and now. I will not sit in my house waiting on the world as we know it to end, when I can go out to play with my kids in the yard. Even if the world did in fact end the next day, I have no control over that anyways. Thats a matter that is much larger then us. We can not make it, nor can we stop it. If it happens it happens. But instead of holding my children and thinking "Oh, I wish you had the chance to live a whole full life" I choose to hold my children and think "Oh, I know that you will have the chance to live a whole full life". Please do not create nervous and anxious children because you are worried about this. My mother was anxious all the time and I ended up a nutcase, TILL I learned to control it. Good luck hun, and fear not of tomorrow.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• OP just because someone puts something on a website doesn't make it true. Stop reading this stuff and your mind will feel a lot better.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:53 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Where did my answer go??? Oh well I will repeat it again. It is unlikely since the tribulation is to last 7 years and it has not begun yet and it is not 7 years until 2012.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:45 AM on Jul. 17, 2009