15 month old not talking?

His only word is dog. No mama or dada. A few times he has said OK and yeah. Also, he doesn't shake his head yes or no. He is very vocal just no words.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 14-month-old says very few actual words, she just jabbers A LOT. I didn't think it was anything to be concerned about.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 9:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• my 23 month old only has about 10 words, i think they are just a little lazy, because we moms undertand what they want even if they just make noises.
    stephania01

Answer by stephania01 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• kids speak at their own speed. my son is 26 months old and only says about 10 words. he is now seeing a special therapist for that and occupational things like fine motor. MOST children develop at their own speed. IF you are concerned talk with your childs doctor, THEY will tell you IF there is a concern. IF they aren't worried, YOU can be sure, your child is just moving at his or her own speed
    mommyof20507

Answer by mommyof20507 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My dd at 15 months barely said mama and dada and ball.... that was IT! nothing else. Suddenly at 19 mos she started saying everything! She is 20 mos now and says about 60 words ( i have lost count) she adds like 6-10 on every day!!! I only count the ones I hear most often... He will pretty soon!!! She understood and that is really all that mattered to me. Obviously she was keeping them in and getting along fine! I also stopped going with every grunt she made and told her to talk but IDK if you are doing that.... eventually he will get it! :)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2009