Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child suport

Okay- I just moved bk in with my parents due to the baby's daddy and i not working out. We are friends but How do I say i need money or i'm going to put you on child suport? I don't want to be mean but i need help. He doesn't have a FULL TIME job. He has a here and there job.

HELP i'm trying tobe nice btu I dno't know what else to do...

Answer Question

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 9:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Just tell him you need some extra money for your son to help provide. Tell him you would like to do it on your own without having to take it through the courts and his cooperation would be helpful

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

  • Your lil one comes first. If his feelings get hurt by you filing for child support oh well. If you make an agreement between you he can allways back out and the courts are not there to hold him accountable.
    Just tell him you are filing for child support. The courts will sometimes be agreeable to enforcing a mutual agreement on child support if done through their system. But he help make the baby he needs to help support it. Diapers, clothes, food ect all soct money.
    good luck.

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

  • o.k. well it takes alot to take care of a baby, you got diapers,clothes, food and you need help. talk to him and if he does not agree then go to your local child support office and file for child support. the baby needs his help, You can not do it all alone.......

    Answer by CHEFRUTHANN at 10:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

  • f you tell the courts you only want a certain amount (less that what you would get if they figured it out) they will listen to you. They wont MAKE you go after the full amount, they will just make sure hes paying what you need

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

  • child support and custody are not dependent on each other but the court will also make a custody determination when you file for child support. And if he isn't paying, you cannot prevent him from seeing his child, so you will need to stay on top of the child support agency in your state to make sure they are collecting when they should be and filing the grievances they need to on your behalf. In my experience it doesn't matter what the "custodial parent" and "non custodial parent" have worked out in terms of child support, they will listen to that in terms of custody but not support. For support they turn it over to the support agency who then gets your info and his info and using their calculation to determine who owes who what based on the custody agreement signed by the court. So you need to take all of that into consideration as well.

    Answer by ILoveMyBoos at 4:23 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • i wouldn't mention a number to child support - you may not think you need that money now, but once expenses start adding up, if there's extra just put it into an account to start a college fund

    Answer by missanc at 10:10 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • Don't waste your time being nice. File for child support. You are still being nice, but now everything is court ordered! It will help now and in the future.

    Answer by babyruby02 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.