Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child suport

Okay- I just moved bk in with my parents due to the baby's daddy and i not working out. We are friends but How do I say i need money or i'm going to put you on child suport? I don't want to be mean but i need help. He doesn't have a FULL TIME job. He has a here and there job.

HELP i'm trying tobe nice btu I dno't know what else to do...

Answer Question

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 9:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • i'm just going to say this as nice as i can. Take him to court, otherwise you will F*ck him in the longrun. Taking him to court 5 years down the road because he isn't helping , even if he has the past 5 years and just recently stopped, the court may make him responsible for the 5 years back child support. I would just go through your local state provided child care services and just explain to him that this is about not fucking either of you in the future, whatever that may hold. My mom waited and when she needed help the most he flaked and has been trying to dodge court since, people change (overnight) he eve requested a DNA test (which since it was positive he had to pay for it) you never know thats all im saying.

    Answer by smilelovesmile at 11:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

  • well my babys father was really nice to me too and wanted us to be "friends" he tried to keep me happy so i wouldnt take him to court... he thought giving me $40 a month was enough.. i told him i needed help he ignored me i had to get a second job he still didnt care so i took him to court( dont get me wrong i was still "in love" and it was hard and it broke my heart) but i had to do it now i recieve $220 a month and it comes straight out of his paycheck so he cant avoid it!! is not enough but a lot more than i use to get..but plz be careful cuz if hes smart he will find a way to make it better for him for example(remember the court goes by his pay rate and how many hrs he works and everything you get for the baby) my bb dad had a "partime" he only worked 16 to 20 hrs a week after the chilsupport was final and all the paper work was all done and signed he started working more than 40hrs a week!!! so he screwed me big time :o(

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • don't forget that most states allow you to re-do your child support about three years later. and they should request his past bank statements and tax info too. if he made a lot of money in the past then you may get more money now even if he doesn't have a good paying job now. and it's better for your family to get child support. he'll get over eventually. and what's he going to say to his kid when she's older? i hate your mom because she made me pay for your food and shelter!!! haha, we're all bitches i guess.

    Answer by angevil53 at 8:36 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.