• In the Spotlight:

Cooking!

So Im totally NOT a good cooker at all!!! However Im trying to improve on that since I enjoy cooking! Tonight I have boneless pork chops that I would like to oven bake, Im also going to serve them with rice and broccoli... any suggestions on cooking these pork chops and keeping them yummy and JUICY? Like anything that I might want to try putting on them to make them super yum! I would LOVE all the advice I can get! Thanks in advance!

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have a simple recipe that I've been making for years, and my family loves. I don't have exact measurements, but it's easy anyway.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. spray a baking dish with cooking spray, or coat lightly with oil.

In a shallow bowl or plate, mix some dijon mustard (really any mustard will work) about 1/4 cup and about 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice. if you don't have lemon juice, a little orange or lime juice works, and vinegar in a pinch.

Put about half a cup of seasoned bread crumbs on another plate.

Coat each pork chop with the mustard mixture, then with the bread crumbs. Place in the prepared baking dish.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until pork chops are cooked through.

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=pork%20chops
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Put a can of cream of mushroom soup over the top of the chops and bake until they're done. The soup makes a gravy and you can serve the gravy over the rice.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I hope you don't mind if I add to michiganmom116's answer, but if you have a packet of lipton onion soup mix, and blend it with the cream of mushroom it will make an incredible gravy, and it is so easy!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:25 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• It may be too late now, but next time you could mix equal parts dijon mustard and honey, pour over pork, and bake them covered for 20 minutes in a 450 degree oven turning half way through. Good luck!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2009