How would you lose 30lbs in 2 wks?

I went to the doctor today and got weighed I weigh 162lbs that is more than I had expected :(

So I am going to lose 30lbs. atleast and check back in 2wks.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• In order to lose that much I'd have to cut off a leg or arm.

You aren't going to be able to lose 30 lbs of fat in 2 weeks. Allow yourself more time and do it in a healthy way by eating less and moving more.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• You can cut off a leg.

Seriously, you didn't gain it in two weeks; you can't expect to lose it in two weeks.

I would start with simple changes.
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Replace meat and dairy with bean, lentils and tofu

Answer by rkoloms at 10:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Not really possible unless you do things that are seriously unhealthy.

I have been really stricked with my eating and walking 2 miles everyday and I have lost about 12 lbs in a month.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• They do that on the Biggest Loser, but keep in mind those are seriously obese people under extraordinary circumstances. If you weigh 300+ pounds, you might be able to lose 30 pounds in two weeks.

As the other posters said, you need to allow yourself more time, and do this in a healthy way.

And to mom2twobabes....congratulations!! 12 pounds in a month is great!!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• i ate only fruit, twice a day for two days and then started not eating - only drinking NATURAL juice not from concentrate - about 5 glasses a day and i lost 11 pounds in 5 days.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• You DON'T!!!!! It is dangerous to lose 30 lbs in 2 weeks. I don't even think it is possible. Unless you are under strict medical care, it is only safe to lose about 2 lbs a week. I wouldn't even try 30 in 2 weeks.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• ohwrite: the people on Biggest Loser are under constant medical care because it is not safe or healthy to lose that much weight without it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Throw away your scale (or just put it somewhere you can't get to it). Get out a notebook and pen. Get out your digital camera. Pick up a hobby that you have to go somewhere besides the kitchen to do (i.e. piano lessons, golf, scrapbooking, shooting clay pigeons on gun range, volunteer work). Buy a nice set of socks and shoes to get sweaty in. Every morning, write down "I am worth it. I am worth taking care of myself." Take pictures of the food/meals/snacks/drinks. Commit to hobby 60 min daily. Commit to exercise 60 - 90 minutes daily. (download free workouts from exercisetv, or go on brisk neighborhood walks and include at least 10 minutes of resistance work - weight lifting, push up, chair dips) Writing down exactly what ate each evening. Use websites to look up nutrition content and write down. Write down ways improve. sparkpeople.com as guide - it's free. You will not lose that much weight, need more time - but will start!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• if you find out the secret hollar at me...LOL...i need to lose over 100 lbs...and i want to get it off asap...hubby even said he will give me surgery if i get to were my body can't stay with my weightloss...all i am doing right now is going to the gym and trying to eat right
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 8:17 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Sorry, like the PP's said, not going to happen. Oh and believe me I've been down that road wanting and needing to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time, but it just doesn't work and extremely dangerous to boot.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2009