Would you call the police if your sister in law came to pick up her children and was so drunk she could bearly stand?

This happend to me a few weeks ago, she came demanding her children, and I told her she had two choices, leave now with out her children, or I would call the cops and they would MAKE her leave with out her children.
This has happend a number of times, and I am sick of having to threaten her. I have offered to take the kids for a few weeks so she could get help, offered her support groups, AODA treatment, she won't stop drinking and doing drugs- I am SO close to getting a laywer and trying to fight for her children.
Am I wrong to threaten her with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No because you need to think of the kids safety not to mention everyone else on the road.
    Anonymous

• No!!! You are doing a great job taking care of those babies! Kudos to you!!!!  

way to go

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I would have done the same. I have actually had the cops bring my sisters kids to me because she was so drunk and disorderly with her neighbors and towards the cops that they had to take her to jail.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I may not have called the police, but I wouldn't let her leave with the kids. You're doing the right thing. At least someone is looking out for those kids.

Anonymous

• I would do the same thing. You need to look out for the babies first. They should be number one priority. Good Luck and good job of doing what you believe is best.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Ditto!!! She doesnt deserve her kids if she 1. puts them in such danger and 2. wont even try to stop or take any help handed her way!
    Say that just one time she left your place with her kids (while she was drunk) and she got in a wreck and killed one or more of her kids... wouldnt you feel responsible a little bit? I know that I would! Or I would at least feel guilty!!!
    Get help for her... even if that means fighting for her kids... to protect them!!! She needs help and one day.... either her or her kids will thank you for standing up and doing what is right!!! You are truly an AWESOME person!!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• you have to look out for the kids...for their safety and once she gets help id hope she would thank you for it.
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• you are definitely doing the right thing and actually if it was me afterthe second or third time, I'd stop threatening and do it because obviously it isn't getting through to her
    trowasmommy515

Answer by trowasmommy515 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• if it keeps happening i would defeniatly take those kids from her.
    Anonymous

• I would ask her to sleep on my couch for the night, until she sobered up. Then, when she was able to function, I would talk to her about her behavior. So, to answer your question, no, I would not call the cops.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2009