Pay close attention to your bills ladies!!! Did you know this could happen?

My parents recently noticed an added charge on their phone bill listed as I-star mail or something like that... and my mother called to see what it was.

Come to find out a girl they do not know, called the phone company and ordered this service using my parents name and phone number she conveniently got out of the phone book!!!

They have been over charging my parents for about a year and half adding up to over 300 $.

My mother had to get VERY ugly with the phone representative and they finally said they would reimburse her whole amount.

How scary is that....all they have to have is your name and number and they can get to ya! Stupid cheater thieves.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• that happened to my parents but luckily they noticed it the first time it happened
    Anonymous

• Yeah, you gotta watch out. Please tell any elderly people you know not to allow changes to their phone bill be telemarketers also! Many Seniors are very lonely and just enjoy the sweet talk of someone telling them the savings they'll receive switching and they even make small talk with them. Then they get that BULL$HIT "One time transfer fee" of $30-60! This happened to my mom twice and I had to call and complain! I know this problem is different but just a PSA.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2009