Were you a mom at 16?

I'm 22 years old and expecting my second child. I had my first son when I was 16 years old and I have seen the mtv show 16 and pregnant and it absolutely pisses me off. I had to face hardships don't get me wrong but I think I've done pretty good. An these girls on here just absolutely piss me off. They are so selfish. How do you feel about this show and how did you do with your pregnancy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im 16 an pregnant an i hate that show it just promotes it an that is the opposite of what it should be
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I was not a mom at 16-but the show does piss me off, I remember one in particular, it was a single girl living with her mom, and she threw a MASSIVE fit over the fact her mom wouldnt buy her a car, what was it a Ford something or another-
    show makes me SO angry!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I was not a mom at 16, but I think the hardships the girls deal with are right on. Some are spoiled, but there are some good episodes. The bottom line is that taking care of a baby isn't easy, and usually the girl gets "stuck" taking care of the baby while the guy gets to go free.
    Anonymous

• I'll be 18 in august.. and I'm 26 weeks pregnant.

The show doesn't really piss me off. It just makes me think about things.
    Most of the girls on that show are spoiled rotten and are still sheltered by they're parents. Obviously not ready to be mommy's. It's all just very stupid..
    victoria.mommy

Answer by victoria.mommy at 10:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• thats very true i never thought of it that way anon 34
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• its okay I mean..some of its a crock but what can you do thats reality tv for you!
    bennysmommy816

Answer by bennysmommy816 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I wasn't preggo at 16... but i find the show hard to watch. I think a lot of reality shows are put-ons anyway... lot of drama for the camera... It's gotta be hard regardless... but I really do think it's a lot of put-on for the 30min of fame.
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 10:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• The show glorifies being a teen mom... it doesn't show just how difficult being a first time mom is.. those girls are spoiled.. the fathers are immature and selfish. i feel sorry for the babies
    Anonymous

• I was a mom at 20, waaayyyy too young for me!
    The show is ridiculous! I watched one episode and NEVER watched another.
    Anonymous

• i was a mom at 17. even though some girls on that show actually were 17 when they had their babies, the same age i was, they seem so young to me. i guess i matured earlier than they did. but i am very proud of myself and my husband and how we have raised our daughter. i just hope 16 and pregnant doesn't encourage more girls to TRY and get pregnant young. i was on bc, but kyli happened anyway and we dealt with it. we most definitely were not trying.
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 11:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2009