Went to dr today and I'm 11 wks 3 days and the dr said the baby's intestines weren't all the way in its stomach like they're suppose to be, has anyone else had this happen?

He said that he was sure by twelve wks that the intestines would go inside the stomach its just a little bit that is still outside. I know that if the intestines dont go inside the baby will have to have surgery after its born just wondering if anyone has had this happen and what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its called Gastrosteis (sorry for my spelling)
    At 12 weeks if the baby tummy hasnt closed all the way, yes, he or she will need an opperation, its major, but very safe, and efficent.
    I didn't have this happen to me, but it did happen to my sister-her son is perfectly fine now, he has a small scar on his tummy but eats, and digests all his food well. He was in the Nicu for a month though just to watch and keep away from infection.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Ok thanks I'm not to worried about it because i think everything will be fine its not a whole lot thats still outside so we are hoping that it goes back in and i feel like it will. The dr said he feels good about it and thinks that it will go back in i still have a few days so we will see. I've seen baby's where the whole intestines were on the outside and on the ultrasound you can see a little knot on the baby's belly where the intestines are still on the outside so its really not much maybe the size of your nuckel or smaller.
    Anonymous