what to feed my one year?

me and my husband r not the best at eating thing good for us. we r always on the go. i try to make us thing when i get time. but some time it is out of box or frozen so now what to feed my one year? he loves to eat he loves to eat of my plate all the time. and we give him baby food but i dont want to keep buying the jars.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• It is time for you and your husband to start eating healthy meals, isn't it? A one year old can certainly eat table foods, though you may want to pick up a food mill or mini food processor.

If you would like simple, healthy, tasty and family and budget friendly recipes, I will be happy to forward them to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My son will be a year on Saturday. We haven't done baby food for months. He eats a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, baked chicken (if I make some for us with marinade or shake and bake I leave a piece plain for him), american cheese, whole grain crackers, cheerios, scrambled eggs. I try to give him either fruit or veggies, protein and some type of grain at each meal. Since he started to want to eat whatever we're eating it's made me think about what I'm putting on my plate more and I've been eating healthier and losing weight myself.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My son stopped eating baby food at 8 months old. By 1 yr old, a child can eat anything you eat but in smaller pieces. As always with any food (even those they have eaten before) watch for signs of allergies and choking.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I find the best thing to have is a crockpot. Seriously. When we eat breakfast I throw in some meat, veggies, and either potatos or rice. If I want noodles I cook them before we eat. You have all day without worring about cooking and a great meal 6-8 hours later with very little work and healthy. My kids have always eaten what we eat as soon as they turn a year old. Well luch is more a free for all but dinner everyone gets the same. Takes some time to get use to but hey it works.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009