Desperate Diaper Bag opinions needed! Help?

Ok, my daughter, Haley, is now 10 months old. She is at the point where we can go to town and shop for a little while, and she needs only a bottle, 2 diapers, a change of clothes, and maybe some juice. I am looking for a new, smaller diaper bag. But that is as far as I have gotten. lol. So comes my question. I have created a wishlist at BabiesRUs.com and would like to get your opinion on which diaper bag is best for the money, and would work well for us. (I am only 24 so I don't want something huge, and "ugly"... lol) I am so confused after looking through so many different styles. I just want something smaller, cute, but funtional, and something that isn't going to fall apart. Listed below is the website, and our wishlist registry #. Any opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to help us out!
Website: www.babiesrus.com
Wishlist Number: 3738450
Make sure to look under the wishlists... and not registery

shyne4584

Asked by shyne4584 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Shopping

• I always used a backpack

Answer by rkoloms at 11:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I agree with pp...a backpack is great for this purpose. I have 3y/o twins, i use a backpack anytime we go out. The one I have has two cupholder pockets, and enough room inside for a change of clothes each, a couple pair of undies, wipes, sunscreen, plus my wallet.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 11:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I like the brown one with pink trim the best. Very cute!
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• After my kids got to where they didnt need alot clothes or diapers when we went out, we just started carrying a backpack. so much easier. has made life for us alot easier.
    cutemedgirl

Answer by cutemedgirl at 12:07 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I carry a backpack, or messenger bag, whichever I feel like.

Personally, I like the SugarBooger one. The colors are light, which could be an issue with getting dirty, but it's washable.

The brown one is nice too.

I didn't like the one with the plastic covering. Chances are, the seams from that will ripe and then it'll look tacky.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• have you thought about making one hun? or buying one of those canvas type bags from walmart/a craft store? I did that when my son was younger and painted on the front of it. The good thing is that now that he doesnt need a diaper bag, it makes a great bag to carry toys in for a trip or something where kids need entertaining for a bit.
    ttfnt20

Answer by ttfnt20 at 10:06 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Why not just go for a bigger handbag? You could always leave the outfit in the car and put one or two diapers in your bag plus a small package of wipes. But if not, I would go with the brown one. :)
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 10:22 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• A couple of years ago Target had diaper bags that were essentialy tote bags with mess pockets inside and other zipper pockets outside and two bottle holding pockets on the sides, they came in muted colors and looked like regular nice tote bags rather than diaper bags. I bought one even though my son was already 2, and I always used that. It's one of the few things I actually kept and I plan on using it again with this baby. Right now it's being used as my purse. It has a long handle that allows me to put it over my neck and hang on my side without fear of dropping it.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I always skipped the diaper bag and went with a larger handbag-something machine washable.
    regan1

Answer by regan1 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2009