Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Violent ten year old

How would you handle it if your ten year old son tried to punch you and kick you and your husband?

Answer Question

Asked by hotrodlassie at 10:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 16 (2,696 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • I would get another kid that is bigger and stronger and bit the shit out of him so he knows how it feels hitting others, since if I did it I would get arrested
    they need to learn not to do that, and if they want to learn the hard way then so be it

    Answer by looovemybabies at 11:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

  • I would take away the things that mean the most to him. My son is violent some of the time (he is almost 7), but I don't think he would dare touch my husband or I out of shear fear. I would also take him to a therapist to see what is going on with him. Has he always been this way, but now that he is bigger it is getting worse? Or is it a new thing? Anyway, there would be NO tv, computer, video games, friends, or toys. For at least a week. If he ever did it again, it would be much longer than a week. Also, I would put him to cleaning. What else is he going to do with all that spare time? LOL


    Answer by Amber115 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

  • He'd get sent to boot camp or reform school. He thinks he's all big and bad? Try acting that way to a drill sargent.

    Answer by Ash9724 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

  • Anger management and if that didn't work, I would be calling the police if he ever hit me or anyone else.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

  • My seven year old son did that and I had a good friend(he works for the sheriff department)come over and fake arrest him.The next day I took him to the local detention center to talk to a PO and he cryed his little eyes out

    Answer by Nikki_91510 at 2:07 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • I have a autistic child and he has tried all the above, you remain calm and continually redirect and i have to say when he calmed down we had a long talk..... he has never done it again......sometimes you have to show the child compassion and then talk them on their level and if that doesnt work then it is time to get some help for the kid.

    Answer by sweetwhite30 at 3:22 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • i think you should find out whats behind his anger...he got it somewhere...and it sounds to me like you moms are pretty angry maybe you should look there?

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • OP, take your child to a therapist. Sometimes children are not comfortable talking to Mom and Dad and a doctor can help him sort things out. There is a reason this is happening. That doesn't mean it is you or your husbands fault at all. Go get him some help. If you or your DH were having anger problems I am sure you would seek professional help, so why not do the same for your little one. Let the professionals help you, help him. Good luck to you Mama.

    Answer by pnwmom at 6:25 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.