Sorry, long-So I got a call today from Child Support telling me that "Mr. ex-husband has retained an attorney and his attorney would like a continuance"...

Mind you he was served with notification about a pending court date in June of '08, in January we received a court date for April 20th asking us to bring proof of income with tax records. We go and he "forgot his tax returns". The judge put a temporary order for $400 starting May 1st. I got a check on May16 and one July 11th. When she asked me this I was so flabbergasted and pissed! He can't pay the temp. order but he can hire a lawyer? I ask why the continuance and get this. "His tax man is out of town"! WTH? So from June of last year and April of this year til July 27th (our next court date) he couldn't possibly get his tax records? He is self-employed. I denied the request and said "No, because I know exactly what he is trying to do, he is trying to doctor up documents and put his assets in other ppls names"! What shuld I do?? I have a realtor friend who looked up how many properties he has and I plan on taking.. cont'

Mamasita98

Asked by Mamasita98 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• From the starting date of when the judge said he will pay for cs that is when he starts and if for some reason he thinks he is not going to pay he is mistaken all that falls as back child support so the longer he plays this little game the more he is going to pay. He is only hurting himself if he wanted to hire a lawyer that is his stupid fault unless he can prove you are an unfit mother... he has no chance...He thinks he is being slick it is going to bite him on his ass.

You just watch just be civil about all will go your way...

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• but if he does in fact put these in others names then do i even have a chance to show this? I KNOW he has under the table contracts! I also told the lady to please relay a messege to this lawyer and ask him "If Mr. Ex-husband is in fact NOT working then why hasn't he bothered to call or spend any time with our son since Jan.17th? I need advice or just to vent! Thanks.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Thanks butterfly and all this lawyer crap happened because based on his income from the year before he has to pay $730 a month and all he could say was "I want a lawyer". I have been very civil throughout it all. Even in court the judge thought he was hiding soemthing. I just want this overwith and no more continuances!
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• cs does go by income not by assets so he has no need to hide his assets. Assets only come into play for a divorce settlement and since he's an ex husband then that would be irrelevant. If he has mortgages and claiming no income then he could be compelled to show how he's making those payments. I don't see why all this was required on one court date. I have dealt with cs in two states and in both all the paperwork was done before we even went to court so he could not have asked for a continuance. He'd have been held in contempt for not providing it before court day. Isn't it odd how they keep okaying continuances when kids need food and rent paid? Not sure what dead beat dads and judges are thinking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Get a lawyer yourself. Also, if he is working for cash and you know who he is working for or getting paid from, tell them that if they don't start paying him by proper and legal means you will let the IRS know what they are doing. They are also avoiding paying taxes and the IRS does not like this. I did this to my ex and he was lectured by the owner of the company and then fired!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I'm sorry you are going through this. I agree you should see if you can get a lawyer. :(
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 17, 2009