Just Got Mirena Removed...

I just had my mirena taken out today. The doctor said that we should wait to try to have a baby for about 2 months (2 menstrual cycles). If we don't and get pregnant before 2 months we have a higher chance of a miscarriage. I have read that some women get pregnant about 2-3 weeks after. Have any of you had mirena taken out to get pregnant? How long did it take you to get pregnant? Did you start trying right away? Please help. I am anxious to start trying but I don't think I could handle a miscarriage.

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 11:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had my mirena taken out march 6th, and I was told the same thing (to wait two months). Well we figured it would take about 6 months to actually get prego so we started to try after a month and found out we are prego on April 26th, so for us it took no time at all to get prego. And I am still pregnant (no miscarriage) and my doctor told me everything is going great, baby is healthy and so am I. I say wait a month, and then try!! Good luck!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• im having mine removed on the 23rd, so ill let you know!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 11:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• With our first son I had mine removed, and they told us that it would probably take a few months to get pregnant (not that i had to wait a few months to get pregnant) and so we didnt use any extra protection or anything, and we actually got pregnant right away, like i had mine removed mid feb and found out March 9 that i was preg. Anyways, i had my son premature at 23 weeks, after having no signs of any problems at all, and they never found out why he came early, so ive always had this nagging feeling in theback of my head that it was from not having had a period in like 6 months. anyways, we're TTC right now and I had my IUD removed the end of april and we didnt start trying till this month. I would wait jsut to be safe. 1 probably had nothing to do with the oher, i jsut know for my sake i didnt want to have that nagging thought roaming around in the back of my head if i were to go premature again this time.
    23wkrmommy

Answer by 23wkrmommy at 5:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2009