Could this be implantation bleeding?

My cycles have always been regular, about a 28 or 29 day cycle. My period should have started 7/9, but didn't. Took an home preg test (First Response) on 7/10 and it came back negative. Started spotting on the 14th. The spotting was bright pink and got slightly heavier that evening (but still much lighter than my regular period). I took another preg test on the 14th but still got a negative. I am still slightly bleeding, but now it is even lighter than the first day and is more brown now. Could this be implantation bleeding? I have never had an irregular period before in my life and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for the last 3 months. I would love to hear personal accounts if possible! I have never been pregnant before so this is all new to me.

Alanna0309

Asked by Alanna0309 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You could be pregnant and not have enough HCG yet for it to show up. I had to take one test and it was negative then I took another one 2 weeks later and sure enough it was positive. So you could be I think you should try another one maybe next week. Good Luck!
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 11:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Periods aren't really great to go by just because you could get prego right before its supposed to start or right after ect. I would say it could be implantation bleeding. I would wait a few weeks and test again.
    Anonymous

• it could be implantation bleeding, i never had that myself but i would wait a week or 2 and test again if you havent started
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 10:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2009