Have you ever had to choose between the love of your life or your children?

I had to choose my children over my former fiance as I could not get the kids to move away from their father.

robinsk2

Asked by robinsk2 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• no but my mom had to do so with her ex husband they had a child together but him an i just couldnt get along an he was a jerk an told her me or him an since i have no family otherthan her bc my dad died she chose me an bc im her daughter but in my opinion they couldve made it work i never talked or saw the guy lol so idk y he didnt like me i think it was bc i wasnt his
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• my children ARE the loves of my life. No man could ever be more important than them

Answer by admckenzie at 12:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Nope...but sadly there are many woman who choose men over there own flesh and blood and that's sad. I WOULD NEVER!! Children are not replaceable but a man is LOL
    ilovemel

Answer by ilovemel at 12:26 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Heck, my husband and I have even agreed that when it comes to our nieces, if they every truly needed us, then they come first. I mean in cases like if it would be better for us not to take care of them, but they needed help.
    It's been the case before, so no I can't see choosing a man over a child.
    If you have to choose it probably means he wasn't much of a catch anyway-
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 12:30 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I would never choose any man over my own children.
    bookworm65

Answer by bookworm65 at 2:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I haven't had to, but if I did, I would choose my kids. They always come first, no matter what.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:59 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I am married to my children's father and we make choices as a family. The only "choice perse"I make is whether to stay home and watch a movie with the kids or go out on the town with hubby!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 11:11 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• haven't had to but if it came down to choosing between my children and a man that I'm seeing, then it would be my children...now if my children were grown it would be another situation. But as long as I'm responsible for nurturing my children and being there for them until thier grown, then my man wouldn't put me in the position of choosing between him and my children....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• If you choose your new dh over your kids your relationship w/them will never be the same.
    My momther did this to me and my bro.She married a guy in the air force and moved to the other side of the us w/him. We stayed w/my dad and we felt abandoned. It effects our relationship even now and we are 33 and 36 years old.
    I have never personally had to choose but this comes from the kids perspective.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Jul. 18, 2009