Has anyone ever tried the Juice plus Vitamins either for themselves or their kids?

I was wanting to get my kids on some vitamins and i met this lady at the farmers market who was selling juice plus. Apparently these vitamins are made from 16 different fruits and vegitables that help build the immune system and other tings. I want to know if any of you have tried and what you think of it.

MommyLeary

Asked by MommyLeary at 11:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Kids' Health

• It's a very expensive way to get vitamins, full of sugar and empty calories. Youare supposed to have 4 servings of fruit a day, thats a lot of sugary high calorie juice. Give your child fruit every day not just juice. It's much better for them.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Juice plus is not juice, its actual vitamins that you take, Gummi or capsul form. I know that juice is full of empty calories and sugar. if i give my kids juice its juice that i make myself.
    MommyLeary

Answer by MommyLeary at 4:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• we actually eat fruits and vegetables; 7-8 servings a day in at least 3 different colors

Answer by rkoloms at 7:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My daughter took them for a few months. I don't know if they worked or not. I read up on the research and it is hard to tell. I started adding purred veggies into food instead. Now she eats better so I just give her a regular vitamin.
    jthor

Answer by jthor at 10:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I am a distributor for Juice Plus+. Feel free to contact me with any questions. I have been using it for over 4 months. All my kids are receiving it free under the Children's Health Study. Juice Plus+ is 17 whole fruits and vegetables that are juiced, dried and then encapsulated. The difference between vitamins and minerals supplements is that, for the most part, they do not work. Most come out in the same form as when they went in! Here is a test for you. Take you your current vitamin and put it in a glass of room temperature water. Time how long it takes to dissolve. If it takes over 20 minutes, you are not getting any of the benefits and it will come out as it went in - scary! I personal would recommend the capsule or the chewable (for kids). The gummies have corn syrup (to make it a gummy) which I do not need to have added to my kid’s diet.
    meanmommyx3

Answer by meanmommyx3 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I am a distributor for Juice Plus also. My family and I have been taking Juice Plus for over 2 years now. The best part of is that it is backed by clinical research. To date, Juice Plus+ has been the subject of 16 published clinical research studies examining its impact on a variety of biomarkers of good health, from chemical markers of oxidative stress to key indicators of cardiovascular wellness. There are 12 additional clinical studies currently underway. Clinical studies on Juice Plus+ have been conduct by university faculty affiliated with Georgetown and UCLA; Brigham Young University; the University of Arizona; the University of Florida; the University of Texas Health Science Center; the University of North Carolina, Greensboro; the University of Maryland School of Medicine; Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and many more
    Sheiseclausen64

Answer by Sheiseclausen64 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010