Drying up

I am not breastfeeding and i had my baby on Sunday so i think my milk is starting to come in or dry up or something. There really hard and they hurt so bad. does anyone have anything i can do to ease the pain.

2009mommytobe

Asked by 2009mommytobe at 11:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they are "engorged". that means they are filled with milk. it hurts right?? the only way i could get rid of the pain was to pump it out. but if you dont have a pump and your not breastfeeding, i think your gonna have to just wait it out but im not sure.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Put cold, clean cabbage leaves on your breasts and leave them until they start to wilt. Then change them out with fresh ones. Every breastfeeding book I've read recommends doing this for engorgement whether you are breastfeeding or not.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I've heard that if you aren't going to breastfeed you can "wrap" them with an ace bandage or something to try and relieve the pain caused by heaviness and movement. You can hand express some to get rid of the engorgement but if you do that then your boobies are just going to make more milk. You are best off just waiting it out.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 12:29 AM on Jul. 17, 2009