Adding a vibrant color

I want to add a blue or purple or maybe a bright red but I have black hair will I have to bleach it first??? I DON'T want to do it all just like highlights in one of those colors

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 12:06 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• No it doesn't what?

I dyed a large chunk of my hair (normally a dark auburn) pink about a year ago and used "N Rage" which can be found at Sallys for about 10 bucks and I didn't need to bleach it. The color showed up really well.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Try some manic panic, or color that already has bleach in it.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• ::Try some manic panic, or color that already has bleach in it::

No it doesn't. You need to lighten your hair before you add color to it if you have dark hair, otherwise you will have dark hair that has a slight color to it. Hope that helps
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 12:12 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• thanks will this be completely outrageous in price?

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• it depends really on if you do your homework.. I recommend going to someone to do the lightening, its easy to damage your hair yourself.. adding the color (manic panic) is easy, and cant damage at all bc it is semi permanent and only deposits and does no lifting of color.
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 12:19 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• your hair is dark? Your nationality has a lot to do with it as well. Asian hair has a harder hair shaft to penetrate with any colors &/or bleech but can with stand the process because its very strong. African-american is course but absorbant. American Indian is also difficult to penetrate but isnt as strong...so please consider your hair type, its strenght, its condition, damage from outside elements, there is alot to consider. Im white, but I have American Indian hair from my dads side..understand. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jul. 17, 2009