im having my mirena removed next week to ttc

i have only had 2 periods since i had my daughter 19 months ago, and they werent even regular. how long did it take you to get back on a regular cycle? or did you use clomid or something like it to start your period??

erika_wright

Asked by erika_wright at 12:12 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Wish i could help. I just had mine taken out today. I'm thinking I will just let nature take its course and go from there. I am anxious to get pregnant though but I know that if we try too soon we might miscarry. So I have to be patient. Lol. Good luck!
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 12:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I had my iud removed June the 30th you should have one or two regular periods before you start trying use some kind of protection until then, i know it sucks, but the lining of your uterus is still then thats why you havent had a period, let it get back to normal a bit and then you can try. Hope this was of some help GOOD LUCK AND BE PATIENT!!!
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• thanks. i know we haveto wait a few cycles, which is fine, im just curious bc i have not been regularin so long, you know? my goal was to get pregnant september or later, which is why im having it removed now, so that in 2 months i can try. i haveone miscarriage before, and definately dont want to go through that again.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 11:15 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• we wanted to start trying in June so I had mine removed in April, which i should have gotten it out in March because i didnt have my first regular period until June, so we waited till this month to try.

so I guess, to answer your question it took 2 months to get to a regular period. good luck!! :)
    23wkrmommy

Answer by 23wkrmommy at 4:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2009

• oh and i forgot to mention, i hadnt had a regular period in about 2 1/2 years
    23wkrmommy

Answer by 23wkrmommy at 4:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2009