About the acai berry diet pill

I have been doing some research one the acai berry diet pill. I was wonder if anyone has taken and if it works and on top of that are their any side effect and once you take it do you always have to take? I'm trying to find these answer and I can't find them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 9:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I'm looking into it too but not liking what I am finding (or not finding). It looks like it needs to be taken with a colon cleansing pill as well and up to 8 pills a day. I went to consumer reports website and they said there is no research showing that this has any more significance to weight loss as a placebo. I was disappointed in ALLI diet (it clogged me up and added 4 lbs. It took me a month to get my bowels back in order). I was also disappointed in the cider diet. So it's back to counting calories, fat grams and increasing exercise. I had plateaued and wanted a jump start but I guess I'll just keep doing it the old fashioned way
    Anonymous

• I started taking acai a few months back. I did quiet a bit of research on it and tried a few different products. Yes, I am also taking the colon cleaning supplement, but I think you would still see results without it.

The nice thing about the colon flush supplement is that it took quite a few sizes off my waist. In my opinion, that's an important result of dieting!

I've tried a few different acai supplements and haven't seen the same results from all of them, but you won't know what does and doesn't work for you until you try it. I tried this one from walmart, but I'm almost positive it isn't freeze dried correctly to preserve what the acai berry does for you. I did some research on it and this is a vital part.

You can read my blog here at www.jilliansdietblog.com

If you have any questions, feel free to message me and I'll try my best to help!
    jj49

Answer by jj49 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2009