How can I get her to go potty?

I have a 2yo little girl,Destiny.I can't get her to do anything that has to do with the potty.We have a movie,she want watch it.We have tried singing and danceing,nope not that.All she does is cover her ears and go, lalalalalalal.Does anyone have any tips or tricks? Oh yeah,candy don't work eaither.

gwendolyn265

Asked by gwendolyn265 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She's not ready yet, wait until she is. She's still soooo young.
    I bought my daughter a potty so she could get used to it and I've showed her how to sit on it naked. Now when I change her diaper I ask if she wants to sit on the toilet. She usually says no because she's just not ready yet, and that's ok.
    Forcing the issue will only frustrate her and delay the process. Just keep the potty around, let her watch you go to the bathroom, and follow her cues.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 12:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Here are a few signs if any of them are ready so keep a look out:
    -They can easily take off they're clothes
    -they asked to be changed when pooped
    -they follow u into the bathroom, ask questions and imitate u
    -knows her body parts and knows how to say "pee" and "poop"
    -Understand where pee and poopd come from and wherethey belong
    -show interests in books and videos about using the potty
    -she stays dry for at least 2hrs in a row, is dry after naps, and ideally, is poop-free overnight.
    -she stops whatever she's doing to poop
    -she isn't constipated

IF she does a majority of these regularly than it's time. Hope this helps Good luck!!
    ilovemel

Answer by ilovemel at 1:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2009