What age did you get your DD's ears pierced and what was the experience like?

My 4 yo is wanting to get her ears pierced and we may go tomorrow if the weather is good. Tell me some stories!

bakersd79

Asked by bakersd79 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My dd was about 2 and I did them myself. I made it fast and she cried from the time it took her to get from the chair to the mirror to see them and then she was fine.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I don't think I could do them myself. You are one brave Mama!
    bakersd79

Answer by bakersd79 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• she was 3 1/2 months old (they said they wouldn't do them any younger) she screamed bloody murder, we both bawled like babies right in the store and then we went straight home and i cuddled her for a few hours, although i was more traumatized by it than she was. She doesn't even mess with them now, only when i ask her "where are your pretty earrings?" then she will touch them like she does to her nose or button (belly button)
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 12:41 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I brought my daughter when she was 2! Horrible!!! it took 3 of us to keep her still....i brought my nieces get theirs done they were 5 and 3 and they both just jumped a little when they got it done.... they didnt cry or anything they were super excited!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• You women are all sick. How could you subject your daughters to unnecessary pain! That is child support in my book.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• anon - child support?? okkkkkk...

my daughter was 3 months, and it went perfect..she cried for literally 5 seconds..and that was really only because there were 2 strange ladies surrounding her..because the cry was before they were even done..when we got it done, they were both pierced at the same time..like one lady on each ear at the same time..but yaa she didnt cry..and we never had any problems..and shes 5yrs old now..i think getting them done younger is better, because they cant mess around with them..where as older kids will play and pull at them...but thats my opinion..some ppl say let the kid decide when theyre older..but my idea would be get it done young so they dont remember the "experiance" and if they decide when theyre older to take them out, they can!! much easier that way!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• child support? I'm so tired of dramatic mamas saying things like this are child abuse it belittles what really is child abuse. Get over it not your child and it is not in any way shape or form child abuse.
    Beyondthesky37

Answer by Beyondthesky37 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Anonymous - take your venom somewhere else. I was asking for experiences with getting DD's ears pierced, not whether or not you think it's right.

Oh, and I think you meant child abuse, not support.
    bakersd79

Answer by bakersd79 at 1:03 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• even if your child cried for 2 seconds they are still crying out in PAIN. why would you subject your baby to PAIN because YOU think its cute? thats so sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I am not talking about a BABY! I am talking about a 4 year old who is ASKING to have her ears pierced. I have explained everything that happens to her. We have watched videos together on youtube. Stop hiding behind anonymity if you feel that strongly about it.
    bakersd79

Answer by bakersd79 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 17, 2009