When you gave birth, did you go all natural or have an epidural?

I want an epidural but I was just wondering how many people did it differently or the same as me. Did you like it? What are your - and + about what you chose?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:43 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i had an Epidual and a c-section, and let me tell you the drugs they push through that i/v for a c-section are FANTASTIC i swear i never felt so giggly and stupid and i cried forever after they pulled that sweet child out of me (they could have taken some of the fat while they were in there ;) aww im tearing up thinkin about it
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 12:48 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i didnt have a choice. i dialated so fast that i didnt get a chance to get an epidural. so all natural for me! it wasnt as bad as i thought.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I have done it both ways. To me all the epidural did was make me groggy afterwards.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 12:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I too had the same thing happen, like anonymous! But I also had one birth that was the epidural.... natural really isnt that bad!!! :)
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• All natural with both of my children. I'm more afraid of the possible side effects of drugs or an improperly inserted needle than I am of childbirth. Honestly, it wasn't too bad until about the last hour to hour and a half of labor. But everyone has a different tolerance for pain and the time in labor varies. I'm sure that if I was in hard labor for hours I might decide to opt for pain relief.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 12:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Epidural all the way! They were going to give it to me as soon as I was admitted but I wanted to wait...I waited like 45 minutes before I was begging for it. It hurt like a bitch when they actually give it to you but after that I didn't feel crap and slept like normal other than just being nervous about meeting my baby. But I had no side effects whatsoever and neither did my baby. It never wore off too soon and 3 hours after my son was born I was up walking to the bathroom on my own. I love epidurals.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I got my epidural too late, I was induced and by the time I was offered one and said yes, they said fine but it would probably be too late, I had him an hour later and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I still don't get why moms scream like they are being murdered. lol
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I never wanted an epidural. My experience was not what I wanted, because it wasn't possible to have my dream birth when I got pregnant with my daughter. Anyway, my labor had been long and slow (about 75 hours) and I didn't get to sleep or eat. When it finally sped up, I didn't know. I was so tired and hungry by then that I ended up asking for an epidural when I got to transitional labor. I didn't know I was in transitional, though. They checked me before they did the epidural and I was at about 7-7.5cm I think. When they got the epidural in and helped me turn around on the bed and checked me, my daughter's head was halfway out, so my epidural never worked, thankfully, because I would have hated myself later lol. Anyway, from 7.5cm to holding my baby took like 10 minutes maybe, so I didn't realize I was that close to delivery when I asked for the epidural.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:59 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I had no pain meds with either of mine. My first was all natural and my second was induced. I very much preferred the natural birth. It was much easier and less harsh.
    bakersd79

Answer by bakersd79 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I went in saying i dont know if ill have one ill just see how it goes. i ended up getting one with both and it went great both times. i was complaining about the tape on my hand hurting! both my esperiences were wonderful and i wouldnt change a thing!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:40 AM on Jul. 17, 2009