Custody Issue

Anyone gone to family mediation and had a bad experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• My DH did mediation with his ex-wife. Basically, he was awarded custody & the court ordered them to mediation to work out a visitation schedule for her. DH walked in & said he was willing to work with her & outlined a proposed visitation plan. Ex Wifey said, "He stole my kids & I want them back." The mediator confirmed the court order & told Ex wife that that wasn't the point of the mediation & she walked out! They never did get a set visition schedule & she hasn't seen her kids in 2 years. And while I love having my s-kids around all the time, I do feel sorry for them that their BM doesn't see them at all. It really shows that mediation is what you make of it.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I've been to mediation twice with my ex and never gotten a resolution. In NC you have to go to mediation before they will even let you go to court over custody. Made no sense in our situation since we don't agree on anything at all - it's amazing we were married as long as we were!

Answer by missanc at 10:27 AM on Jul. 17, 2009