• In the Spotlight:

Vaginal Contraceptive Films

So i recently went off Nuva Ring(the 25th of June) I calculated that my "o" date was on the 7th (not perfect as i have never tried to find out how long my cycle was before) we had sex on the 5th, 7th, 8th, 10th (i think those are right there were a few more closer to right after AF, but...i dont remember the dates) Anyway, we arent "trying" to get pregnant, as some life stuff needs to change before we can. Not saying i wouldnt be happy, but this isnt a good time at least for a few months.

I took a test, and it was negative this morning, but i went back awhile ago and looked and it had such a light little line/dark spot that you could barely see it, I realize the tests should actually be the week of the 25th rather than this early, im just nervous.

So my question is, is it safe to use the VCFs if you are pregnant? its a spermacide film, (Nonoxynol-9 28%)? anon b/c of his ex following me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• More info- I went off the nuva ring because of how it made me feel, not to try to get pregnant, Ive been rather sick everytime i put it back in every month for a few months, and decided to use condoms, My mistake, i didnt think about it, and when i did, i figured that the hormone wasn't out of my system yet. Please dont bash, i know it was an assumption i shouldn't have made, and just would like an answer to what i could use besides condoms(i have a slight latex allergy, enough to make it painful)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• oh ouch! I've tried the films....I could never get the stupid things to work. As soon as they got damp...they just stuck to themselves and turned into a tiny lump. What about the female condoms? They aren't latex....I was suppose to try them out and report back to a post on here....but they seem to have gotten lost when we moved.
    good luck
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I think that there is a time frame in which the test is accurate. Read the instructions and see how long before they aren't valid anymore I think its like an hour for most. Id take another if your worried.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jul. 17, 2009