What does amiotic fluid look like?

I heard it was a clear and had a bad odor or could be strong? Some women have been known to have a reddish brown color, or even a yellowish white cream color, to just clear/ white. Any way's I was just wondering. How do you know you have a rupture in the membrane? I thought I might had leaded yesterday because it was so much, but the Doc said it's probably the baby putting pressure on your cervix.

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 1:26 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had an amnio at 37 weeks to check for lung maturity, and it was clear and a little cloudy... i dont remember an odor though when my water broke, but i wasnt thinking about it :]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:33 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• when i had my amnio at 20weeks it was yellow...looked kinda like pee lol. i have the fear i wont know the difference when my water breaks...but hopefully we all will!!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• when my water broke, it was kinda yellow and i dont remember the smell... my DD had shit in me tho hints the color.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Yikes because! Well I am afraid I am leaking I really wish MY Damn Doc could check me out! I am going to get Pissed. RR Young Dr, U think they would know stuff from school, but honestly the best kind of people know from experience! I congrat myself, I am a counselor and have one on one experience I would be better then someone from grad school ;)
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 2:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2009