I need some tips..

I'm running on barely any sleep..
I can't sleep on my back because my stomach starts to hurt real bad. Lately I can't sleep on my sides either because my hips and lower back hurt so bad. It kind of feels like all my bones are squeezing together when I lay on my sides. So I basically sit up and watch tv all night because I can't seem to get into a position where I'm not in pain.

Does anybody have any suggestions that I can try tonight? I have tried laying on my side with a pillow between my legs but it didn't work.
I'm 29 weeks also.

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 1:38 AM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know at the end of my 3rd pregnancy, I slept a lot of nights in our rocker recliner. I would put a pillow under my head & semi recline the seat. It got pressure off my back & also let me get my feet up a bit. Is there any way you can sleep on your couch--maybe semi sitting up?

You can also try lying on your side but instead of pillows between your legs, put a soft pillow under your torso so your upper hip is crossed over it & your belly rests on the pillow as well. Basically, use several regular or body pillows to cushion whatever parts of your body need more support with the goal to get as much supported by pillows as possible. I know by the time I delivered each of my kids, I was up to about 4 pillows with me--a friend of mine was up to 6 by the time she delivered!!

Good luck & I hope you start feeling better.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:10 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Try sleeping with a comforter underneath u, I had a mattress pad and conforter and laid on my side and it helped elevate some pressure. Tylenol before bed.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:48 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I have to be at wqork in 5 hours and I sleep for 30 min then wake up! I have 5 pillows and I am starting to get side pains and cramps and I can't lay on my back cause stomach gives me lots of pressure! I'm due in 9 days and I suppose this is normal. I sat ina recliner and it did feel a lot better. U shuld try it.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 3:18 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Children's Benadryl - about 2.5 teaspoons
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Hi I am 36 wks prego now and have the same problem I am up all night long Just sitting there in the dark. They best position for me is on my side with a pillow between my legs. It's not the best position and not comfortable at all for me but it helps me get at least a few hours a sleep.. It doesn't get any better the further along you get just worse. Sometimes I get so frustrated I start crying because I am so tired and I have a two year old son to take care of on top of that, that wakes up at 7 a.m. every morning. Good Luck
    Tara04

Answer by Tara04 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I'm in the same boat, except I usually just give into the hip pain and sleep on my left side. Instead of putting the pillow between my legs, I put it in front of my stomach, so my stomach kind of lays on top of it a little bit. If it gets worse, I'm thinking of trying to just sleep in the recliner. Also, others have told me to try those waffle looking mattress top covers and put it under your sheet for more support on your hips. I've also tried drinking tea before bed, didn't work so much. To bad we can't drink beers, I'm sure that would put me to sleep. :)
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i slept in the recliner a lot towards the end. also, i got a body pillow that way i could still sleep on my tummy comfortably.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2009